SSG Tactical - Class 3 Firearms Dealer in Fredericksburg, VA
Event Calendar Training Civilian Sales Law Enforcement Military/Government Images/Video
Enter Our Online Store
Register for Classes
Signup for Our Newsletter
Civilian Sales

Firearms Shipments

All firearms shipments must go through a licensed FFL dealer. Please have your local dealer provide their current FFL to us for firearms orders. This can be provided by e-mail, fax or mail.

CA Residents: We are registered with CA DOJ to ship firearms to your dealer. We will need a copy of your dealer's FFL as well as their 5-digit CFLC (California Firearms Licensee Check) number. If you have questions please email us.

Ammunition Shipments

Ammunition buyers must provide proof of age (driver’s license, concealed carry permit, etc.) for ammunition orders. This can be provided by e-mail, fax or mail.

Magazine Shipments

We Cannot Ship Certain Magazines to the Following:

California - No Magazines Over 10 Rounds

Colorado - No Magazines Over 15 Rounds

Connecticut - No Magazines Over 10 Rounds

Hawaii - No Pistol Magazines Over 10 Rounds 

Maryland - No Magazines Over 10 Rounds 

Massachusetts - No Magazines Over 10 Rounds 

New Jersey - No Magazines Over 15 Rounds

New York - No Magazines Over 10 Rounds 

Washington D.C. - No Magazines Over 10 Rounds

NFA Firearms Ownership Information

Contrary to popular belief, machine guns, silencers, short barreled rifles and shotguns, and any other weapons (AOW) are and always have been legal to own under federal law. These firearms and silencers are regulated under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934, by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (BATFE). State laws on the ownership of NFA firearms does vary however; please check your local laws if you are uncertain.

To legally purchase a silencer or any item falling under the purview of the NFA, you must be at least 21 years of age, a resident of the United States, and have no felony record. The first step is to locate a Class 3 dealer in your state who handle the transfer for you. We will file an ATF Form 3 to transfer the item to your dealer. Your Class 3 dealer will then provide you with duplicate ATF Form 4's and two sets of fingerprint cards. The Form 4's must be filled out on both sides, with passport photos affixed to the backside of the form.  The completed paperwork is then sent to the Department of the Treasury with payment for the $200.00 tax stamp.

As an alternative, you can establish either a Trust or a Corporation and transfer your NFA firearms to that entity. The transfer still must go through a Class 3 dealer in your state, and still requires payment of the $200 transfer tax.

The $200.00 is known as a "transfer tax" because it must be paid whenever ownership of the NFA firearm is "transferred" (in this case, the dealer to the prospective purchaser). As long as ownership remains with the same person, the tax need not be paid again. Only if the owner sells it will a new transfer tax need to be paid. An owner may will his NFA firearm to a lawful heir with no tax incurred.

Once the paper work is submitted, it takes several months to receive the approved, stamped paperwork from the NFA Branch. It is only upon the return of the approved paperwork that the dealer can allow you to take possession of your NFA firearm. A copy of the approved paperwork must accompany the NFA firearm at all times (the original should be stored in a safe place).

Email Us